1. On Location And Behind The Scenes At Back 40 Restaurant!
2. The inspiration behind Back 40 Restaurant was to expand Timbercreek Market into a locally-sourced dining experience featuring the best possible ingredients at affordable prices! Located in the historic Coca Cola Building, Back 40 Restaurant uses meats and vegetables sourced directly from Timbercreek Farm!
3. Executive Chef Tucker Yoder has worked at Timbercreek Market since 2016. His creativity, adaptability and talent make him the perfect match for Back 40. Tucker welcomes the opportunity to evolve the menu while integrating the freshest in-season ingredients possible.
4. Sara Miller, who co-owns Timbercreek Farm, Timbercreek Market and Back 40 Restaurant with her husband, Zach, is focused on a “Nose to Tail” dining experience utilizing pesticide-free, herbicide-free, antibiotic-free and hormone-free meats and vegetables from Timbercreek Farm.
5. Front-Of-The-House Manager Maggie Slinkman is an experienced restauranteur who will often greet you at Back 40 Restaurant with an infectious smile. Maggie is also a talented mixologist and the influence behind Back 40’s delicious craft cocktail menu!
6. The tender NY Strip Steak at Back 40 Restaurant is cooked to perfection and comes with corn, peppers, farro and Cipollini onions! I’ve personally tasted this dish. It’s without question one of the best NY Strip’s in Virginia.
15. From the reclaimed lumber you see on the walls, to the hanging sculpture created by Front-Of-The-House Manager Maggie Slinkman, the decor, the menu and the staff are all locally-sourced from Charlottesville and Central Virginia!